Is there something you’re unsure about? No problem! We might have the answer here in our FAQs.
We understand that signing up somewhere new can be a daunting process, so we want to take out any guesswork at your end. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for here, please feel free to contact us – the team at Planet Fitness Newcastle are here to help!
- Why am I being charged extra on the first payment?
We use a billing company called EzyPay. To enable your very first payment to be withdrawn, EzyPay must create a new account for you, this incurs a $5 set up fee.
Your first payment will come out on the next working day, this will be inclusive of any joining fee and pro rata costs.
- Are there any other fees?
Our billing company charges a $2 billing fee for all direct debit payments. There is also a $39 annual admin fee. The admin fee ensures that your direct debit payments remain at the same price point.
- Is there a cancellation policy?
Yes, Planet Fitness has its own cancellation policy. Please see below:
5i) Once accepted by Planet Fitness this membership CANNOT be cancelled in the agreed membership period. However, Planet Fitness at its sole discretion MAY allow the cancellation of the membership, but only if the following applies:
- i)By reason of lengthy or permanent illness or physical incapacity causing inability to engage in the activity available at Planet Fitness: as verified by a medical practitioner, who is nominated by Planet Fitness, the cost of which must be borne by the member.
- ii)By reason of the relocation of the member’s primary residential address to a distance further than 15 km in radius from Planet Fitness facility. However, if the member already resides more than a 15km radius at the time the membership application is made(and accepted), then the new primary residential address MUST be more than 30km radius from a Planet Fitness facility, in order for a request in cancellation to be considered.
5j) In the event that Planet Fitness agrees to grant membership cancellation, this is subject to payment of a $99.00 cancellation fee accompanied by written notice from the member.
5k) To cancel outside of the contractual period, 30 DAYS WRITTEN NOTICE is necessary and any membership fees which fall due within the 30 day period MUST ALSO BE PAID.
5l) Planet Fitness does NOT refund any payments by the member, including membership fees; including where applicable the acceptance of membership cancellation, for ANY reason whatsoever.
5m) This membership will NOT be cancelled if the member falls into arrears. Interest may; at the discretion of Planet Fitness; accrue if membership arrears occur.
5n) This membership CANNOT be cancelled by telephone or by contacting a social media page. Any request for cancellation by a member MUST be made in writing. ALL payments of arrears (including any accrued interest), and/or cancellation fees: of the like; MUST be paid to Planet Fitness as instructed by Planet Fitness.
- Where can I read the full terms and conditions of my membership?
- What is pro rata?
Your pro rata covers the time from when you sign up with us, to your first direct debit date.
- Is there a minimum age for members?
UNDER 18 POLICY:This policy pertains to Planet Fitness Lambton, Charlestown and Belmont club access and equipment use for minors (i.e. under 18 years old).The following age policy is to be followed when allowing a person under 18 years old access to Planet Fitness:
- Membership is permitted only with the consent and signature of the minor’s parent/legal guardian on all Membership Contracts, Payment and Consent Form/s.
- If a minor wishes to attend Planet Fitness as a Platinum Guest, a Consent Form is be completed and signed by the minor’s parent/guardian before entry to the club will be granted, and access is as set out in this policy.
- A photograph of the minor must be taken and attached to their membership for identification purposes.
- Access is only permitted during staffed hours and with age restrictions for club usage as set out below.
• 12 – 14 yrs. old:
- Access: Can access the gym but is only allowed to do so under direct supervision*
- Cardio: Yes, under direct supervision*
- Weights: If prescribed by a medical or exercise professional and under direct supervision*
- Group Fitness: No
- *The age/s that require direct supervision can bring in their parent or guardian as a free guest on a Platinum Membership. All other guests must pay a Casual Visit fee.
• 15 – 18 yrs. old:
- Access: Can access the gym, however the minor may access the club independently during staffed hours
- Cardio: Yes
- Weights: Yes
- Group Fitness: Yes
- Can I transfer my membership?
You can transfer your membership to another person, however you will need a transfer note from member A wishing to transfer to Member B. All transfers incur a $35 transfer fee.
Direct Debit: Goes from A to B, B pays the same as A and takes over the remainder of the contract if within contract. Transfer isn’t complete until B completes ALL forms in club.
Paid in Full: Need the note and transfer fee paid by either party. Member B takes up remainder of membership.
- Can I use a timestop on my membership?
Timestop is not included.
- Can I let someone else use my membership card while I'm away?
No, your membership is for your own personal use only.
- Do you have casual visits?
Of course we do! Casual visit passes are available for $20 for 24 hours, you are welcome to come visit us as much as you’d like in that 24 hour period, including classes. Also if you decide to join Planet Fitness in the 24 hours, you will receive a $20 discount on your joining fee. Available in club.
- I think I might need some guidance, do you offer Personal Training?
We are currently working on an Online Workout Guide. Planet Fitness has collaborated with Personal Trainers and Fitness Professionals to bring you a video series introduction to the gym, how to workout, and give you the confidence you need without a Personal Trainer. This will be available around mid March, 2022.
- Where can I learn about my home club? E.g. Opening hours.
- What happens if I miss a membership payment?
We understand that sometimes payments occur when we aren’t ready for them. If you do miss a payment then the Third Party Direct Debiting provider will administer a rejection fee of $20. We recommend contacting your bank if something unusual occurs or contacting your club manager for more information.
Still have questions? Shoot us an email!
- Select a home club: